Steven Gurning is one of the central characters within the series of Intervention books. Steven holds a senior role as an Inspector at MI5, one of the British Intelligence Services and reports to the Director General, or DG.
Age at start:
- 1 May
- Average height with grey, silvery hair that is gradually receding. His face is almost ageless thanks to a healthy and physical lifestyle, evidenced by his trim physique and easy movement.
Key characteristics and information:
- Lives in Chiswick, West London with his wife Katherine.
- Unable to have children, Steven and Katherine decided to adopt Anja, Burak’s daughter with Evelyne Dubois, his murdered French lover. They decided to do so because Anja needed a home and one that understood the complexities of her situation, including the need to provide security.
- Katherine is a linguist, which is how she and Steven met, and also has a degree in psychology. Both aspects will help support Anja.
- Steven has a very high regard for Rob Krane and all that Rob has done and the decisions he has made since being thrust into the world of international crime prevention.
- Laura Harding and Nat McCall both work directly to Steven.
- Given the sensitivities around Burak Demir’s incarceration, Steven became his case handler, the only case person Steven is responsible for.
- Steven’s assistant at work is Jill.
- When he needs to use one, Steven’s cover name is David Williams.
All names and characters are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintended and entirely coincidental.