David Spalding is a senior researcher and analyst at the British Intelligence Service, MI5.
Age at start:
- 1 March
- A highly intelligent, diminutive and generally calm man who comes across as very authoritative when he speaks. David can become quite excited during team discussions when ideas are flowing and those ideas provide substantive material to follow-up on for the benefit of an investigation.
- A man of average height, David is over-weight, but not by too much.
- David wears wire-rimmed glasses as a result of so much time spent in front of computer screens and reading pages and pages of material.
- David has a high forehead beneath his receding fair hair.
Key characteristics and information:
- David is Laura Harding’s favourite researcher and analyst, having worked with him many times.
- Lives in the Surry commuter-belt for London on the outskirts of a market town with his partner. He likes the calm, wide-open spaces that the countryside offers, while wanting access to restaurants, bars and other social activities.
- Actively mentors and encourages his team of young researchers and analysts who support him.
- When he needs one, which is very infrequent, David’s cover name is David Sparrow.
- Rarely leaves Thames House, home of MI5 in central London, but when he does, it is likely to be at short notice. Therefore, David keeps a bag of overnight clothes and provisions in the office – just in case!
All names and characters are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintended and entirely coincidental.